This is not your everyday tea. You probably won’t want to drink this unless you are desperate like I am and willing to try anything to avoid taking antibiotics and over-the-counter cough medicine. Thyme is an approved German treatment for coughs. The flavonoids in thyme reportedly relax the muscles that are involved in coughing and reduce inflammation. This potion seems to be working for me.
- 2 cups water
- bunch fresh thyme
- small nub ginger chopped into chunks
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon agave
- 1 mint leaf
- Boil water with fresh thyme for at least 10 minutes.
- Five minutes in add the ginger.
- Turn off the heat, add the rest of the ingredients except for the mint and stir.
- Stain and pour into a tea cup. Add mint.